Friday, December 28, 2012

Start of the Poppies Wall hanging!!!

Finally, I got some important things that needed to be done squared away today and I still had some hours left in the day to work on my Poppies Wall hanging :)
 
But first I need to tell you that this chalk tool is AMAZING!!! See it has a little wheel on which the chalk falls out to draw a line. 
I still had it in my sewing box and I refilled it with chalk.
So easy and I don't remember the brand so I took two close up pics for you, in case you want to look for it.
 
 
 
 
I couldn't find my rotary cutter nor could I find my quilting ruler so I had to cut all the pieces needed for my wall hanger with scissors and measure with my yard stick.
 It took a little longer but it works.
 
Remember this is the wall hanger I am making.
 
I set up my ironing board after I finished cutting since I will be needing it while assembling the wall hanging.
Love my iron too, only $30 and it has a safety automatic turn off after 30 seconds!!
I rarely fill my water reservoir in my iron cos I use a spray bottle. It keeps my iron from getting calcium build up everywhere.
 
 
 
Can you see the gold sparkle fabric I found dirt cheap ($2/yd), love it!!
 
2 hours later the front frame part is assembled :)
 
 
It's looking good!!!
Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time again to work on it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment