Thursday, December 20, 2012

Preparing for my mug rug sew along tutorial, granny square blanket and ....

For those who follow me on Facebook already know that I almost finished my crochet (granny square) CA King size bed cover.
Just a few more rounds to complete it, so it nicely covers the sides of the bed.
It is a huge project that at a certain stage you can only work on the bed or in a big chair.
Constantly turning it around to be able to keep working on it,
but after finishing 4 previous bed covers (same style, different color combo's) I knew what I was in for...
Blanket is made in Caron One Pound.
 
Last steps are the finishing rounds, reverse single crochet edge and working in the ends, it will soon be used on our own CA King bed.
Video for single crochet edge:
 
 
Puppy Snuggles loves it too :)
He has a fetish for blankets since he was 2.5 months young LOL
 
 
Almost done... :)

 
* * * * * * * * * * *
 
I finally made some time in the day to get my nails done (last nail tech flaked on me).
Taking care of myself:

PRETTY!!!
 
* * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Tonight I found my little stash of fabrics so I can start thinking about combo's, patterns and work on the photo tutorial.
I even found a 2 yard Christmas panel that I still can use to make a Christmas quilt/wall hanging!!!
WOOHOO BONUS!!!
But that has to wait a little bit since the mug rug tutorial has to be done first.
 
Here is a picture of the few fabrics I have left, let me know if you see any combo's...
 

I don't know where I got the Betty Boop Bingo fabric from...????
Did I tell you that mug rugs are perfect fabric stash busters??
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
BTW did you notice that I have 2 blogs so that it is easier for people to follow:
 
 
You choose!!! Same posts on each blog so don't worry about missing out :)
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
So this was pretty much my day today...besides the regular errands/wife duties :)
See you soon again and thank you for visiting.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment