Friday, June 28, 2013

Pimp up my picture frames

The picture frames I found yesterday are in need of a makeover to fit my beach interior decorations :)

So this is how i found them before I tackled the 6 picture frames:
(The 6th one is larger so you will see it in the next pictures)



I want them look weathered with some color coming through, you will see what I mean...

I used Gesso (white) since I have a big bottle of it, to set kind of a base to cover the brown of the wood.
(Instead of gesso you can use any acrylic paint in whatever color you fancy of course)


One coat done:



No I have to let it dry and apply a second coat of gesso.



Here is my setup on the dining room table:




This second coat needs to really dry so we all have to wait...:)
I will show you the next stages as I get there of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment