Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Frugal again: Homemade soap for the dish washer :)

I never thought of sharing my frugal recipes but I get some many emails to share more...well here we go...

One general tip:

Turn OFF the "heated dry" function on your dish washer!!

This saves you "etching" of your dishes and lower energy bill :)

SOAP FOR YOUR DISHWASHER
 
1 cup of Borax
1 cup of Washing Soda
1 cup of Baking Soda
1/3 cup of Kosher Salt
 
(MIX ALL INGREDIENTS VERY WELL!!!)
 
1 tsp. of Citric Acid added per dish wash cycle!!!
(you can get this at Dharma Trading Co. or check the canning/preserve aisles0
 
Instead of using Finish, I use just Vinegar in the Finish compartment :)
 
Just think with these ingredients how many loads of homemade laundry soap and home made soap for the dish washer you get for pennies!
 
I have more tips...stay tuned!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment